Welcome to the W.A.R. Blog!
WAR (Wilderness Adventure Ranch) is an 8-day power-packed program being offered this summer. The program will focus on the WAR each teenager faces inside and at the world around them! WAR will offer Wilderness Adventures & Survival, as well as Leadership & Teambuilding in an environment free from the everyday distractions of life.
WAR is a camp experience for pre-teens for early intervention. This program is for youth beginning to have difficulty managing their anger and emotions, struggling to transition into a place of personal responsibility, and lacking respect for others. The ranch site is at Eagle Village in Hershey, MI.
The outcome of this program includes:
- Gaining a sense of personal self-worth
- Understanding their role on family and community
- Learn the importance of making healthy decisions, and the consequences of unhealthy ones
- Respect for themselves, the boundaries of others and the values of their community
- Realize their potential by taking positive risks and learning new things
- Improves social, emotional and behavioral functioning
- More productive ways of managing daily stressors and conflicts
- Ability to step out of personal comfort zone and try new things
- Positive growth experience for youth
WAR will include intensive programming and structure, skill-building modules, real-life applications and goal setting that are appropriate for each age level.
During the week of June 18th, you will be able to follow our team as we venture into the wilderness of northern Michigan! Our Ranch Leaders and Therapist will update this page daily with daily happenings, projects, prayer requests, and everything else! Please comment as you are able to lift our team and the teens up in prayer and support!